TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF CAPITAL TRAVEL – MALDIVES (www.capitaltravel.com)
Welcome to the capitaltravel.com (“Capital Travel & Tours,” “we,” “our,” “us”) website (collectively, the “Site”). Use of the Site is governed by the following terms and conditions. By using the Site you agree to these terms and conditions. If you do not agree with any part of these terms and conditions, you must not use the Site. We reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time. All amended terms automatically take effect when these Terms & Conditions are updated. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to the Terms and Conditions will mean you accept those changes. Please return to this page periodically to review any changes.
Capital Travel & Tours servers use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL), an encryption technology that works with Microsoft Internet Explorer, Mozilla, Safari, Chrome, Netscape, and AOL’s browser, so that only Capital Travel & Tours can read a buyer’s personal information.
We guarantee that every purchase you make on the Capital Travel & Tours website will be 100% safe. Although we never intend to have an incident of credit card fraud, if unauthorized charges are made to your credit card as a result of doing business with Capital Travel & Tours, you will be refunded as per our refund policy.
LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY/DISCLAIMER
Information contained in the Site (including text, graphics, links or other material) are provided on an “as is,” and “where available” basis. Capital Travel & Tours makes no representation or warranty, express or implied, to you or another person or entity as to the accuracy, results, timeliness, completeness, merchantability, fitness for any particular purpose with respect to the Site or any related materials, products, services, or information. Under no circumstances, including, but not limited to, negligence, shall we, and/or our providers or distributors, be liable for any damages to, or viruses that may infect, your computer equipment or other property on account of your access to, use of, or browsing on the Site, or your downloading of any materials, data, text, images, video, audio, or other information from the Site. In no event shall we, and/or our providers or distributors, be liable for any injury, loss, claim, damage, or any special, punitive, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages of any kind (including, but not limited to, lost profits or lost savings), whether based in contract, tort, strict liability, or otherwise, that arise out of or are in any way connected with the use, or the inability to use, the Site or the services or materials on the Site, even if advised of the possibility of such damages. In no event shall our aggregate liability, or that of our providers or distributors, exceed the total charges set forth in the itinerary giving rise to any such liability.
Any claim or cause of action arising from, or relating to your access and use of, or purchase of holiday packages and/or services from, the Site must be brought within one (180 Days ) year from the date on which such claim or action arose or accrued or purchase was completed. Applicable law may not allow the limitation or exclusion of liability of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you. Your use of the Site shall be at your own risk. We are acting as an intermediary or as an agent between you and hotels, cruises, related products and/or services by promoting, selling or accepting reservations or bookings for such products and/or services (such as air and ground transportation, hotel accommodations, meals, tours, cruises, etc.).
PROTECTING YOUR SECURITY
To ensure that your credit, debit or charge card is not being used without your consent, we may validate your name, address and contact number supplied by you during the booking process against appropriate third party databases. By accepting these terms and conditions you agree and authorize us to carry out such verification checks as stated herein.
In performing these checks, you acknowledge and concur that such personal information you provide to us may be disclosed to a registered Credit Reference Agency which may keep a record of such information in whole or in part. You can rest assured that this verification process is performed for the sole purpose to verify and confirm your identity, and that this process does not perform a credit check, and your credit rating will not be affected whatsoever. All information provided by you to us is securely processed in strict accordance with the Data Protection. </p align>
SITE USAGE AND PRODUCT/ SERVICE PURCHASE
You warrant that you are at least 18 years of age and possess the legal authority to enter into this agreement and to use the Site in accordance with all terms and conditions herein. You agree to be financially responsible for all of your use of the Site (as well as for use of your account by others). You are responsible for any bookings made by persons under your direction or control. You also warrant that all information supplied by you or on your behalf, or by members of your household in using the Site is true and accurate. Further you also confirm that the traveler is not an unaccompanied minor. Without limitation, any exploratory, false, or fraudulent reservation or any reservation in anticipation of demand is prohibited. You agree that the travel services reservations facilities of the Site shall be used only to make legitimate reservations or purchases for you or for another person for whom you are legally authorized to act. You understand that overuse or abuse of the travel services reservation facilities of the Site may result in you being denied access to such facilities.
All offers, prices, and conditions of sale may be subject to:
a. Change without notice
b. Advance purchase, eligibility, seating, or other limitations.
c. Travel days, dates, minimum or maximum stays, holidays, seasons, blackout dates, stopovers, and/or wait-listing restrictions Reservation validation limitations of up to 60 Days (if any extension permitted, penalties/restrictions may apply); and/or
d. Other conditions/restrictions
e. Availability. Lower prices may be available.
f. If your itinerary involves an ultimate destination or stop in a country other than the country of departure, the provisions of a treaty known as the “Warsaw Convention” may be applicable to your entire trip, including any portion entirely within the country of origin or destination. The Warsaw Convention governs and may limit the liability of certain air carriers for death of or personal injury to passengers and/or loss of or damage to baggage.
A reservation is not complete until confirmed. To protect our customers, we verify with the credit/debit card company that the billing address and credit card verification number you provided to us is accurate and that your debit/charge will be accepted. Until such information is verified, the fare is subject to change. We are not responsible for any transaction that is declined based upon a credit/debit card that is declined by the issuing company or a travel provider or if, for any reason, the debit/credit card billing address and/or credit card verification number cannot be verified in a timely manner, nor are we responsible for any changes in fare or any other charges that may occur during our verification process. At times when the fare selected is not available an approval code may have been taken on your credit card, if the transaction is not completed the approval code may block your available credit for a time period until the bank removes the block.
The Site provides links to other websites as a convenience to you, we do not endorse nor are we responsible for the contents of other websites. If you decide to access other websites you do so at your own risk.
ONLINE TRANSACTION FEES
On all holiday packages, cruises or any other product or service purchased online Capital Travel & Tours charges a transaction booking service fee of 3.50 % on total amount per booking / . All transaction fees are fully non-refundable.
Any booking or purchase Cancellation fee will be applied for the following:
1. Cancellation Less than 7 Days, 50% will be charge on total amount.
2. Cancellation Between 3 to 7 Days, 75 % will be charge on total amount.
3. Cancellation less than 3 Days 100 % will be charge, including No show, and this will be non refundable.
CHANGES TO HOLIDAY PACKAGES, HOTEL BOOKINGS, CRUISE BOOKINGS ALREADY PURCHASED
Any and all changes made to the itinerary are restricted as well as subject to rules, whichever is more restrictive; all our holiday packages/hotels/ cruises do not allow any date or name changes after the booking is completed. Capital Travel & Tours does not guarantee, and shall not be responsible for, any bookings or reservations made or confirmed to you in the event that the original itinerary has been changed by the supplier pursuant to customer’s request.
For any itinerary where changes may be permitted, Exchange/change fee is charged by Capital Travel & Tours. If it is more than 3 Days.
CANCEL AND REFUND
All of our Holiday Packages, Hotels/Resorts, Cruises, Guest Houses and our service fees are NON-REFUNDABLE. Trip protection insurance is refundable within 10 days of purchase if travel has not commenced and you have called our customer service center + 960 331 50 89 to cancel. All cancellations must be done in writing via email.
• If you have applied for a cancellation and refund with us and if the fare rules provide for cancellation and refunds.
• If you are not a “no show” (most “no show” bookings are in-eligible for any waiver from suppliers for refund processing).
• If we are able to secure waivers from suppliers to process this cancellation and refund.
We are still unable to provide a specific time line it may take for this refund to be processed. All refund requests are processed in a sequential format. Once you have provided our customer service agent with your cancellation request, we will then send you an email notification that your request has been received. This notification does not automatically qualify you for a refund. This only provides you with an acknowledgement of your request and provides you with a tracking number. Upon receipt of your request we will work with the suppliers’ such as hotels and cruises to generate a waiver based on supplier rules and we will then notify you of the supplier decision. Please note that we are dependent on the suppliers for receiving the refunds. Once the refund has been approved by the supplier it may take additional time for this to appear on your credit card statement. Generally, all suppliers will charge a penalty for refund.
This entire process may take 60-90 days from receipt of your request to receiving credit on your statement. Apart from the suppliers, Capital Travel & Tours will charge a fee for processing this refund ranging from USD 100.00 – USD 300.00 (USD One Hundred to USD Three Hundred). All refund fees are charged per booking basis. These fees will only be assessed if a refund has been authorized by the supplier or a waiver has been received and when the supplier rules permit such refunds. If such refund is not processed by the supplier, we will refund you our fees that may have been charged to you for such processing.
COMPASSION EXCEPTION POLICY
We have a “Compassion Exception Policy”, “CEP” this allows certain customers/users such as people Senior citizens [over 65 years of age, AARP card or drivers’ license is required], people who are Handicapped [must be wheel chair bound, proof is required], people who have close family members who have passed away [must have letter from a funeral home] as well as in certain documented major natural disasters. Our company will provide services such as cancellations, refunds and exchanges when permitted by hotels or other suppliers, at no charge. You still will have to bear the airline and/or other supplier penalties and the fare difference, this we do not control and cannot waive. You must be able to prove the above by providing documentation. We still are not able to guarantee services if supplier policies do not permit changes, exchanges and refunds. In order to be eligible for the CEP you must contact us by phone and in writing via email and request for the CEP waiver with the Capital Travel & Tour’s Customer service agent as well as provide proof of eligibility.
PAYMENT ACCEPTANCE POLICY
• We accept credit cards and debit cards issued in most countries as listed in the billings section.
• Please note, bookings are confirmed only upon submission of payment. If your credit card payment is not processed for any reason, we will notify you within 24 hours. If there is a Fare change while processing your transaction, you will be notified and you have the right to decline this transaction and you will not be charged.
• We provide a 100% Safe and Secure Credit card transaction guarantee.
• Please note, all hotel, holiday package, cruise and tour/activity bookings are only confirmed upon delivery of complete confirmation details to the email you provided with your reservation.
• In order to provide you further safety, when certain transactions are determined to be high risk by our systems, we will not process such transactions unless our credit card verification team has determined that it’s safe to process them. In order to establish validity of such transactions, we may contact you or your bank.
CREDIT / DEBIT CARD PAYMENTS TERMS
1. All credit cards must have verifiable billing address. Please see list of countries where credit cards are accepted, in payment drop down in check out page.
2. If your credit card is declined for any reason, we will notify you within 24 hours, simply submitting the credit card does not automatically guarantee ticketing.
3. Capital Travel & Tours bears no responsibility in the event your credit or debit card is not approved or charged. There can be many reasons why your credit or debit card may not have been approved or charged.
4. Capital Travel & Tours uses stringent safety measures for credit card payment processing. Fraudulent transactions, if any, are reported to airport security, airlines and other federal and state law enforcement.
5. You agree to be liable for any and all credit card payments and you agree not to dispute charges after the purchase has been made and confirmations of services have been delivered by email confirmation. You agree to reimburse Capital Travel & Tours in cases of charge back or credit card disputes where you have genuinely purchased a service on our website.
6. Online credit card transactions are authorized at the time a user or anyone acting on their behalf accepts these terms and conditions and continues with the purchase.
7. All bookings for hotels, vacation packages, cruises are not guaranteed unless you receive a confirmation number by email upon receiving the payment by Capital Travel & Tours.
8. In order to provide you further safety, when certain transactions are determined to be high risk by our systems, we will not process such transactions unless our credit card verification team has determined that it’s safe to process them. In order to establish validity of such transactions, we may contact you or your bank.
CREDIT CARD DECLINES
At the time of processing your transaction if your credit card declines; we will make all efforts to notify you by way of an email message within 3 business days. The transaction will not be processed if your credit card has declined. The booking details are NOT GUARANTEED. If there is a change in rates then you have a right to cancel the booking at no cost to you. There will be no service fees charged for this.
We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, and without liability, to terminate your access to all or part of the Site, with or without notice, for any reason or no reason.
These terms and conditions are severable. In the event that any provision is determined to be unenforceable or invalid, such provision shall nonetheless be enforced to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, and such determination shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any other remaining provisions.
No failure on the part of Capital Travel & Tours to enforce any part of these Terms and Conditions shall constitute a waiver of any of Capital Travel & Tour’s rights under these Terms and Conditions, whether for past or future actions on the part of any person. Neither the receipt of any funds by Capital Travel & Tours nor the reliance of any person on Capital Travel & Tour’s actions shall be deemed to constitute a waiver of any part of these Terms and Conditions. Only a specific, written waiver signed by an authorized representative of Capital Travel & Tours shall have any legal effect whatsoever.
If you abuse this Site with numerous scans, data scraping, or screen scraping, we reserve the right to terminate your access to this Site immediately.
VISA AND ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
All customers are advised to verify travel documents (transit visa/entry visa) for the country through which they are transiting and/or entering. Reliable information regarding entry to Republic of Maldives can be found on our website’s Frequently Asked Questions http://www.capitaltravel.com/faq-page</a href> Capital Travel & Tours will not be responsible if proper travel documents are not available and you are denied entry.
HOLIDAY PACKAGE RULES & REGULATIONS
Capital Travel & Tours reserves the right to modify the Capital Travel & Tours Holiday Package Terms and Conditions at any time without notice. In the event that the Capital Travel & Tours Holiday Package Terms and Conditions change, the modified terms will go into effect on the date when posted on this website. Please take note, that the amended terms and conditions, including but not limited to, change and cancellation policies as shown below shall take precedence over any previously published and conflicting applicable policies and terms and conditions to any individual travel product included in the Vacation Package.
All prices are displayed in United States Dollars (USD).
All Vacation packages are non- refundable and non-transferrable.
Immediate purchase: Your credit card will be charged for the full amount of your Capital Travel & Tours Vacation Package at the time of booking. No portion of the Vacation Package is guaranteed (such as price, availability and/or dates of travel) until the full payment of the entire Vacation Package is received.
PAYMENT IN FULL CONSTITUES FINAL ACCEPTANCE OF THESE Capital Travel & Tours VACATION PACKAGE TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
• It is your sole responsibility to provide the proper documents. Transit visas may be required. For any questions you may contact the corresponding local consulate of the countries to which you are traveling. At all times throughout the trip a government-issued photo ID is required for security checks at airport, hotels, attractions, and other travel related products as so deemed by suppliers.
• You must must carry a valid passport for international travel. You will not be entitled to any refunds whatsoever if travel with improper travel documents and thus resulting in denied boarding, delayed travel, or unused portions of your Capital Travel & Tours Vacation Package.
• All travelers on one a single booking record (if more than one traveler) must travel on the same itinerary. Upon completion of booking, individual travelers cannot be added to, and/or deleted from any Capital Travel & Tours Vacation Package.
• Name changes are not permitted. Your reservations cannot be transferred or changed to another name or destination upon completion.
• Cancellation by Suppliers: In the event that a Travel Supplier is canceling a portion of your Vacation Package, we will, at your request, try to obtain alternative arrangements, however, we will not responsible for the performance of the Travel Supplier and/or for the reimbursement of money paid by you (and/or any incidental or consequential or other damages) if the Travel Supplier fails to perform its obligations. We accept no responsibility for information supplied to us by third parties.
VACATION PACKAGE PRICING , TAXES / FEES, & PAYMENT
Capital Travel & Tours Holiday Package prices include all taxes and fees for accommodation, meal plans, transfer as mentioned in the holiday package deal. Those that are not mentioned in the package deals will be charged additionally by the respective Supplier at time of check-in and check out. You are solely responsible for any such additional surcharges due to the Travel Supplier; if you have any questions about such surcharges, please contact Capital Travel & Tours.
Prices quoted for your Capital Travel & Tours Holiday Package do not include liability insurance, collision damage waiver, personal accident insurance, personal effects protection, etc.
Payment must be made in full with a valid credit card at the time of booking. Capital Travel & Tours accepts all major credit cards with a verifiable billing address.
You, herewith, authorize Capital Travel & Tours and its authorized third party to process the charge the credit card you provide to us for the total amount of Holiday Package booking.
The cardholder must be a traveler listed on the booking.
VACATION PACKAGE CHANGES,CANCELLATION AND REFUNDS
You must call Capital Travel & Tours and E-mail us prior to departure to change or cancel any Capital Travel & Tours Holiday Package bookings. Please do not call Travel Suppliers. Please see “Frequently Asked Questions” on our homepage for more information.
Once a package is booked, some or all of the components may be non-refundable. Packages can only be canceled according to the cancellation rules and policies.
All travelers on one single booking record (if more than one traveler) must travel together on the same itinerary. Upon completion of booking, individual travelers cannot be added to, and/or deleted from any Capital Travel & Tours Holiday Package.
You shall be responsible for any and all cancellation fees assessed by Capital Travel & Tours and Travel Suppliers for hotel reservations, cruise bookings and other travel services.
Upon commencement of your trip no changes are allowed and no refunds will be made for early check-out and or for any unused portion of the Vacation Package.
Cancel and Change Refund: All cancellations and changes to a holiday package will be made in accordance with the cancellation policy, Change policy and Refund policy of Capital Travel & Tours.
AUTHORITY TO SEND COMMUNICATION
By approving this transaction you are authorizing Capital Travel & Tours to send you communication in the form of email, postal mail, instant messaging, phone call and any other form of electronic or paper communication. These communications will be primarily for customer service and may include special offers from time to time.
COPYRIGHT AND TRADEMARK NOTICES
© 2001 “Capital Travel & Tours” is a registered trademark. All rights reserved. © Capital Travel & Tours Private Limited. All rights reserved. Capital Travel & Tours Private Limited owns the copyright of all material displayed on this website. Anyone accessing this website may view and print material from this website for information purposes only. Any copyright material of this website is strictly restricted to non-commercial use only and must include this copyright notice. Capital Travel & Tours Private Limited is the owner of the trademarks Capital Travel & Tours. Other trademarks and service marks displayed on this website are the trademarks and service marks of their rightful owners.
Capital Travel & Tours Pvt Ltd
M. Banff Villa (4th Floor) Majeedhee Magu
Male’, Republic of Maldives
Phone: +960 331 5089, Fax: +960 332 03 36